The world has changed
Workplace violence, industrial espionage, and terrorism threaten personnel and property security. When facility entrances aren’t secure, companies are vulnerable and liable. That means your reception/lobby is the #1 security point. Protecting your employees, guests and property are critical. The easiest way to implement these significant security benefits is by adopting a digital visitor management system. Digital systems are easy to access and manage. Too many facilities still use pen and paper, and that means information documented can be easily falsified or stolen. Don’t find yourself in that situation — purchase a visitor management system.
Visitor Management Systems not only add another layer of security to your facility but they can
- Increase Operational Efficiency – Your guests can be pre-registered into the system. Additionally, most visitor management systems integrate with your facilities email, CRM and security systems.
- Improve Guest Support – Pre-registered visitors are processed quickly, and feel catered to.
- Augment your Emergency Response Strategy – In the event of an emergency you now have a one click ability to alert and if needed evacuate all employees and visitors within your facility and on site.
Select a solution that allows you the ability to build personalized experiences with an adaptive design. Every one of your guests is different. The best visitor management systems have a central admin that enables one user to configure, manage and tailor every individual visitor experience across your enterprise, ensuring brand and service standards are met with consistency.
Lobbies are your first defense
Your reception/lobby is the #1 security point. Protecting your employees, guests and property are critical. Your visitor management system should:
- Capture guests’ pictures, signatures, business cards, and DL.
- Authenticate ID
- Execute Watch List Security Check List
- Print Customized 1 time use badges
- Provide pre-registration capabilities
- Allow Hosts to be notified electronically (Eg. Text, Slack, Email)
Digital trumps paper for security
Digital systems are easy to access and copy. Too many facilities still use pen and paper, visitor badges that are not reusable and understaffed security guard companies.
- Information documented using pen & paper can be easily falsified which is a huge risk for any facility. Having a system that does not consistently verify the identity of a guest is a huge problem.
- Your competitors or other guests have no problem reading the pen and paper log book exposing confidential information.
- Frequently visitors will neglect to sign out or return. Unauthorized visitors could potentially gain access to a facility using a discarded badge leaving your employees, data and facility at risk
We Know Visitor management already works
- Gaming companies are installing visitor management systems to control security at their offices. They need to track guests and ensure that they are provided a secure UN/PW to log into the office’s internet. Additionally, they need a system that lets them know when a visitor has checked in and out via slack or text. Having unauthorized visitors in their offices could potential lead to a leak of a new game or feature on youtube.
- Construction companies also see a visitor management system as an added layer of security as well as a system to make their check-in process more efficient. Construction site & safety is paramount for any Construction or Development company. Having visibility on every contractor’s check-in and check out data is crucial. Have individual contractors signed an NDA or watched an instructional site & safety video before visiting the facility? These are critical needs. A Visitor Management platform can help these facility managers nail these goals.
Visitor Management systems not only add another layer of security to your facility but they can:
- Increase Operational Efficiency – Your guests can be pre-registered into the system. Additionally, most visitor management systems integrate with your facilities email, CRM and security systems. Knowing when your deliveries take place provides you with data for future resource planning.
- Improve Guest Support – Pre-registered visitors are processed quickly and feel catered too. Remember when Norm entered Cheers? “Norrrrm”. Every experience will be an exciting and memorable one for your guests.
- Augment your Emergency Response Strategy- In the event of an emergency you now have a one click ability to alert and if needed evacuate all employees and visitors within your facility and on site. With your visitor management system, you will quickly learn where your visitors are on site or at your facility.
Visitor Management systems are a must for all lobbies, reception areas, facilities.
How do I Select A Visitor Management Platform?
Choosing a Visitor management tool requires you reviewing six essential requirements. Here’s a mini checklist.
- Does the system have first sign in memory?
- Does it remember contact details?
- Can a visitor digitally sign any document (e.g.,. Waivers, nondisclosure agreements, HR, Onboarding?
- Can a visitor watch a video? (Eg. onboarding video, site orientation safety video)
- Does the system allow for multiple languages
|Admin / Host Experience
- Design custom badges?
- Does it have an Experience Editor
- Arrival Notification limitations
- Alert Notification of unwanted guests
- Customizable Branding
- Visual/Facial Identification
- Pre-Register Visitors
- Search Sign In History
- Facilitator Experience (Eg. Multiple Admins, Varying Role Security Levels)
- Technical Features (Eg. Centralized Admin Console)
- Integrations (e.g.,. Salesforce, Slack, Active Directory, Google)
- Enhanced Security & Data Capture Features
- Some facilities operate in highly regulated industries.
- Complying with PCI, GMP, ITAR (to name a few) regulations is critical.
- Ensure you audit multiple products and ensure that your facility has the required security protocols and visitor controls in place.
- What is the Software licensing cost?
- What is the Variable cost per employee or visit?
- What is the Hardware cost?
- What is the Implementation Cost?
- What is the Post Implementation Cost?
|Support & Services
- Are there any consulting and professional services?
- What training is available?
- Is there a dedicated customer success manager? Paid or non-paid?
- Is there Live chat Access?
- Is there Email Support?
- Remote Platform Diagnostic capability?
- Create a competitive matrix and find the best fit. Contact us about our RFP!
- Not only on features and pricing on an alignment of values between your companies.
Interested in our RFP that details out these 6 requirements further? Contact us today.
Select a solution that allows you the ability to build personalized experiences with an adaptive design. Every one of your guests is different so why not select a visitor management solution that allows you to tailor each visitor’s sign-in experience based on who they are and why they are there, collecting only the information that matters the most.
An adaptive design means your sign in process and requirements dictate how the system operates, not the other way around.
Select a visitor management system that has a central admin that enables one user to configure, managed and tailor every individual visitor experience across your enterprise, ensuring brand and service standards are met with consistency. Having an intuitive admin console means it lives in the hands of the people who use it every day.
Your VMS should let you key-in valuable information for your guests, customize language preferences, and set up verification for new employees:
- You roll out a VMS to one of your offices, and then you get the call. Your company has been acquired, or maybe it has opened a new office. Perhaps you have guests or clients coming in from another country. Make it easy for the visitor to choose which language they’d like to use to sign in.
- Remember beverage choices; imagine the delight of a visitor who receives a hot or cold drink just as they like it, before a meeting or tour.
- Dealing with a vehicle tow during a busy day of work is an inconvenience no one wants to experience. Let your visitors input their license plate number so building security knows their vehicle belongs onsite.
- Make employee onboarding a seamless experience; ask new hires to sign documents, watch company onboarding videos and notify their hiring manager when they have arrived.
- Visual and facial identification is the most personal touch you can offer! Capture people’s headshots upon check-in, and then send directly to hosts. Store them on-file so they are available anytime through an admin console. This makes it perfect for recurring visitors, with this digital visual cue ensuring you never forget someone who has already visited your workspace.
Partnering with the best-of-the-best
Every technology platform is strengthened by its digital partnerships. Here are some examples of what system integrations can be most useful for your guests:
- Salesforce – allowing you to manage visitors by sales leads or customer contacts.
- Google Drive – store your visitor’s completed documents in the ‘king of clouds’ for easy, rapid access.
- DocuSign – companies can capture a visitor’s signature or NDA in a confidential manner, during the sign in process.
- Eventbrite – allow visitors to check-in, in tandem with their Eventbrite-organized event.
- Slack – keep your employees aware of the exact moment their guest checks in, by tying their arrival into Slack’s automatic office IM capabilities.
A VMS that stays on-point and on-brand
Business is fluid. Ensuring that you adopt a VMS that is both flexible and creative, is of the utmost importance in today’s fast-moving world:
- You should look for a VMS that allows you to configure and reconfigure settings in minutes – not hours.
- Brand updates are a reality for every organization, whether they are on a company-wide or project-based level. With a cloud-based platform, you can easily change up logos, messaging, taglines and corporate verbiage, in mere moments.
- Keeping historical data from your visitors firmly in place, while still being able to make changes to your account’s look and feel, is critical.
The support you want, whenever you need it
As outlined above, on-paper sign-ins no longer provide the security and safety that today’s modern businesses require. More than that, they limit the ability for companies to leverage key data-, archival- and information-based features for their guests. But if you’re going to adopt a cloud-based VMS, then you need to ensure that there is a robust support team behind-the-scenes:
- Don’t get caught off guard – make sure you have an open line of communication with your offsite support team. Don’t partner with anyone that can’t back up their product with a high level of service.
- Partner with a visitor management company that sees you not as a numbered client, but as a unique customer – with your set of individual needs and wants.
- Work with a VMS group that can help you discover more about your product, and cooperate with you to best optimize your service for your business goals/objectives.
PHONE US TODAY FOR A LIVE DEMO