An Accountant is a true business partner within Traction. You will be a key member of the accounting team contributing to financial reporting and month end procedures. You will learn the business, own your portion of the work, and pitch in when necessary, working within with the finance team and closely with Tractionites throughout the company reporting to the Controller and/or Senior Accountant.
Traction Guest’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture is important at Traction Guest. It is more than a place to work. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction Guest is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name. Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction Guest – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We are tenacious and like to push boundaries.
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- Post-secondary education in a business or accounting program and previous experience in full cycle accounting
- Highly organized & detail oriented
- Able to operate effectively & efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to implement processes and controls to ensure data integrity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to forge effective relationships through all organizational levels and with customers
- Passion for process improvement and the drive and tenacity to exceed performance expectations and manage change
- Passionate about leveraging technology and experience implementing financial software to automate accounting and finance processes
What You Will Be Doing
- Reviewing contracts and ensuring they are set up correctly for revenue recognition
- Collaborating with other employees to ensure data in the system is feeding properly into reporting data
- Customer billing & cash receipt processing
- Ensuring that accounts receivable are collected promptly; collecting from delinquent accounts in a pleasantly persistent manner as needed
- Generating and reviewing regular accounts receivable aging reports
- Managing our corporate credit card and expense report processes
- Coordinating the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Assist with month and year end close processes which includes reconciling accounts and preparing journal entries
- Assist with systems projects and process improvement initiatives
- Improving and implementing financial processes to drive organization efficiencies
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you if we would like to move forward.
Traction Guest is a leading developer of cloud-based visitor management systems (VMS) which make hosting visitors effortless, memorable, and safe. At our core, we want to enable organizations with technology. We believe in creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. We are proud to work with some of the largest brands in the world, spanning 5 continents and 26 industries.
Traction Guest is one of the fastest growing companies in Canada. While growth is a huge focus for us, we also recognize that business can be a force for good – prioritizing profit inline with both people and planet. Our people love working at Traction Guest because we give them the opportunity to grow their careers, give back to the community and create quality in everything we do.
Traction Guest was incubated by Traction on Demand, a leading cloud consulting and application development firm, recognized as a Best Places to Work in Canada for several years running. We have now evolved into an independent global software company, leveraging our inherit expertise in cloud technology, CRM, and data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.Apply Now