We are looking for an In-House Legal Counsel to join our Legal team. In this role, you will work closely with our Corporate Counsel and be a true business partner to add value for the whole Traction Guest team!
Traction Guest’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture is important at Traction Guest. It is more than a place to work. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction Guest is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name. Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction Guest – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We are tenacious and like to push boundaries.
Guesters come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- Overall broad legal knowledge, but specifically including privacy and data protection law, corporate/commercial law (sales agreements, license agreements)
- Exceptional business judgment and ability to work independently
- Ability to build effective relationships with various stakeholders throughout many departments
- At least 2-3 years of legal experience at a well respected law firm, and/or in-house at a reputable company
- Superior analytical, problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Clear and concise communicator with the ability to shift style to accommodate a variety of audiences
- Experience working with an international parent company with affiliates and subsidiaries is an asset
- Legal Degree and a current bar admission in a Canadian province. A US bar admission or other common law jurisdictions will be considered;
What You Will Be Doing
We are looking for an approachable and innovative lawyer to help build the legal and compliance team. This role will work closely with our Corporate Counsel in supporting the growing business. Key initiatives for the role will be:
- Negotiating, drafting, reviewing, and managing Traction Guest commercial agreements, including but not limited to sales agreements, non-disclosure agreements, data protection agreements, employment agreements and general procurement related agreements;
- Drafting agreements that minimize risks and maximize Traction Guest’s rights in a manner that is respectful, cooperative with our customers and vendors, and embodies the Traction Guest values;
- Working with external counsel to obtain their subject matter expertise, where appropriate;
- Reviewing and working with relevant stakeholders to revise corporate policies and processes;
- Providing legal support to our finance, sales, marketing and human resources departments;
- Identifying risks and developing proactive, practical solutions;
- Contributing to and conducting employee compliance training, particularly to the leadership and sales teams;
- Reviewing and revising marketing materials to ensure compliance with applicable anti-spam and privacy legislation;
- Keeping informed of relevant legislative changes and training stakeholders as appropriate
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you if would like to move forward.
Traction Guest is a leading developer of cloud-based visitor management systems (VMS) which make hosting visitors effortless, memorable, and safe. At our core, we want to enable organizations with technology. We believe in creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. We are proud to work with some of the largest brands in the world, spanning 5 continents and 26 industries.
Traction Guest is one of the fastest growing companies in Canada. While growth is a huge focus for us, we also recognize that business can be a force for good - prioritizing profit inline with both people and planet. Our people love working at Traction Guest because we give them the opportunity to grow their careers, give back to the community and create quality in everything we do.
Traction Guest was incubated by Traction on Demand, a leading cloud consulting and application development firm, recognized as a Best Places to Work in Canada for several years running. We have now evolved into an independent global software company, leveraging our inherit expertise in cloud technology, CRM, and data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.