We are looking for a valued member to join our growing compliance and information security team. As the Information Security Specialist you will be a key driver in implementing, assessing and managing the compliance and security program across our three international offices in Burnaby, Seattle and Dublin.
Traction Guest’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture is important at Traction Guest. It is more than a place to work. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction Guest is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name. Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction Guest – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We are tenacious and like to push boundaries.
Guesters come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- Approachable and innovative self-starter who demonstrates high performance, and challenges self and others to deliver results
- Team oriented with ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels to convey complex regulatory and technical information in easy to understand manner
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements (SOC 2, ISO 27001/27002, HITrust, FedRAMP, NIST CSF, CCPA, GDPR)
- Technical knowledge of information security best practices and software development cycle
- Ability to relate business requirements and risks to technology implementation for security related issues
- Knowledge of high level programming languages
- CISA, CISM, CRISC, or CISSP a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in configuring and supporting IT / cyber security/ compliance in corporate environment
What You Will Be Doing
- Working closely with the DPO and legal team to monitor compliance program with current and emerging laws, regulations, and standards across three Traction Guest offices
- Lead the charge in building on current privacy and compliance program to meet and exceed expectations of enterprise customers
- Help develop, assess and manage the compliance program for various frameworks
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement controls, policies, and procedures and remedial actions if required
- Lead interactions with external auditors
- Perform IT and operational testing to evaluate control effectiveness
- Evaluate and communicate control results, best practices, and risks to stakeholders
- Delivering information security, privacy, and risk training to teams
- Assist with reviewing vendor and commercial agreements pertaining to security and privacy practices
- Responding to customer and vendor questionnaires
- Helping automate the compliance program
- Complete application threat assessments
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you if would like to move forward.
Traction Guest is a leading developer of cloud-based visitor management systems (VMS) which make hosting visitors effortless, memorable, and safe. At our core, we want to enable organizations with technology. We believe in creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. We are proud to work with some of the largest brands in the world, spanning 5 continents and 26 industries.
Traction Guest is one of the fastest growing companies in Canada. While growth is a huge focus for us, we also recognize that business can be a force for good - prioritizing profit inline with both people and planet. Our people love working at Traction Guest because we give them the opportunity to grow their careers, give back to the community and create quality in everything we do.
Traction Guest was incubated by Traction on Demand, a leading cloud consulting and application development firm, recognized as a Best Places to Work in Canada for several years running. We have now evolved into an independent global software company, leveraging our inherit expertise in cloud technology, CRM, and data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.