As a Product Manager, you will drive your product area in the right direction and take an active role in defining the overall product vision and strategy. You will manage the product lifecycle end-to-end while engaging and communicating with external and internal stakeholders to align the product with Traction Guest’s overall business model and objectives.
Traction Guest’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture is important at Traction Guest. It is more than a place to work. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction Guest is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name. Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction Guest – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We are tenacious and like to push boundaries.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Drive the product roadmap for your product area
- Develop business cases or “one pagers” for new product initiatives with a focus on the problems to solve and business outcomes
- Assess opportunities and consider the business impact and ROI when making important decisions
- Frequently talk to customers for discovery and validation of product initiatives
- Collaborate with other product managers, UX designers, and engineers to develop features that align with the product vision and overall product direction
- Balance the prioritization of new features, enhancements, and bug fixes to enable a high growth and quality product
- Manage product backlogs and write requirements and acceptance criteria
- Work with Technical Project Management to ensure the team has everything they need for fast and efficient delivery of solutions
- Perform competitive analysis, win/loss analysis, and monitor industry trends to better understand the market
- Be the voice of the customer and be the market expert for your product area
- Assist sales, marketing, and customer success as the subject matter expert for your area
- Contribute to documentation, release notes, demos, and marketing materials for product feature and solutions
- Evangelize the product both internally and externally
- Contribute to the overall product vision and strategy with the VP of product management and the CTO
About you and the types of skills you will need:
Traction Guest employees come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when:
- You have 7+ years of Product Management experience or a similar role within a software technology company.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline (MBA is plus)
- You are strong technically and you understand the entire software development lifecycle
- You are positive, creative, curious, and aren’t afraid to ask a lot of questions
- Have a passion for usability and design
- You are well organized and detail oriented
- You love talking to customers, discussing product and business strategy, but also enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting things done
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills to successfully articulate customer problems and value propositions
- You share our company values and would like to work within that framework and contribute to our culture
- Have the ability to travel domestically and internationally
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we’ll contact you if we would like to move forward.
Traction Guest is a leading developer of cloud-based visitor management systems (VMS) which make hosting visitors effortless, memorable, and safe. At our core, we want to enable organizations with technology. We believe in creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. We are proud to work with some of the largest brands in the world, spanning 5 continents and 26 industries.
Traction Guest is one of the fastest growing companies in Canada. While growth is a huge focus for us, we also recognize that business can be a force for good – prioritizing profit inline with both people and planet. Our people love working at Traction Guest because we give them the opportunity to grow their careers, give back to the community and create quality in everything we do.
Traction Guest was incubated by Traction on Demand, a leading cloud consulting and application development firm, recognized as a Best Places to Work in Canada for several years running. We have now evolved into an independent global software company, leveraging our inherit expertise in cloud technology, CRM, and data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.Apply Now