SEATTLE, WA. - Traction Guest, a global leader in cloud-based solutions for enterprise visitor management systems (VMS), today announced the release of the 2020 Visitor Management Report. Traction Guest surveyed professionals from multiple industries around the world to uncover insights and opportunities in the visitor management category and reveal emerging trends for the coming year.
- Companies are most concerned with compliance and security when guests visit
- Multi-location, global VMS solution necessary as growing companies require standardization across the enterprise
- VMS viewed as essential operations tool, 92% of respondents say a VMS creates a safer environment
An enterprise visitor management system allows organizations to streamline the visitor management process through pre-registration, visitor sign-in, ID verification, visitor identification with photo badges, creation of watchlists, and customizable notifications for hosts and security.
This third annual Visitor Management Report assesses how visitor management technology is impacting the overall enterprise: from organizational security to operational efficiency, and enterprise data richness. While there’s still a solid focus on visitor management systems enhancing overall brand experiences and perception, today’s main concerns are around safety and compliance.
“2019 was a turning point. There’s no longer a need to convince companies that a cloud-based VMS is the most efficient way to create a secure and welcoming process for handling visitors - it’s now seen as a necessity,” said Keith Metcalfe, CEO of Traction Guest. “Today’s top enterprises recognize that a VMS is a critical security and compliance tool. It helps protect people, data and infrastructure, and provides process standardization across multiple locations worldwide.”
Key stats from the study include:
- Respondents rate the importance of having a visitor management system as 8.6 out of 10.
- 92% of 2019 respondents say a VMS creates a safer environment, up 10% from 2017.
- 76% of 2019 respondents report that adding a VMS has improved visitor feedback, up 4% from 2018 and up 23% from 2017.
- 94% of 2019 respondents say having a VMS increases operational efficiency, up from 92% in 2018.
- Companies care most about compliance: Compliance is the top reason to buy a VMS (38% of respondents in 2019, up by 22% from 2018).
- Increased concern for data protection: Companies are more worried about data security (63% of respondents in 2019 vs. 44% in 2018).
- Background checks and security needs rise: 35% of respondents in 2019 require the ability to create watchlists (up from 25% in 2018).
- Compliance and data gathering on the rise: 68% of 2019 respondents require visitors to sign documents at check-in (up 8% from last year). And, 85% of enterprise companies in 2019 ask visitors to sign documents at check-in.
- High VMS optimization and maturity: 36% of 2019 respondents state they are past initial adoption and are now focused on optimizing their VMS platform.
Traction Guest is growing rapidly, with 2019 year-over-year revenue and employee growth of 200%. The company recently announced a $13 million Series A financing round, led by Bessemer Venture Partners, and opened additional offices in Seattle and Dublin, Ireland. Traction Guest was also named one of the 20 Rising Stars as part of the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list, the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world.
To download the full 2020 Visitor Management Report, visit https://try.tractionguest.com/vms-report-2020/.